Monday, July 16, 2012

Could not connect to mail server. (No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it Database Mail SQL Server 2008

After installing SMTP server on the new Windows Server 2008 and configuring the database mail, I tested out the mail feature but it was not working and I was getting the below error.

The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 1 (2012-07-16T17:24:59). Exception Message: Could not connect to mail server. (No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it).




This error is generated because of an incorrect SMTP server name.Specifying the correct SMTP server name will fix the issue.
See the below images.







Note:The label says Server Name.My mistake was that I had specified the current server name instead of the SMTP Server Name.Once I specified the SMTP server name i.e smtp.office.myoffice.com the error disappeared.



No comments: